Including previously unissued recordings
In 1945, many recordings with the LPO were made in performances of characteristic Beecham flair, amongst these the Overture La Clemenza di Tito and the Waltz and Polonaise from Eugene Onegin. 1947 and 48 also was a busy period, now with his newly formed RPO. This saw recordings of excerpts from Macbeth and The Bartered Bride and most importantly, from Tannhäuser and Das Rheingold.
SIR THOMAS BEECHAM, Bart., C.H.
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
BBC Symphony Orchestra
Released in collaboration with the Sir Thomas Beecham Trust in support of the Scholarship Fund.
On This Recording
- Prodana nevesta (The Bartered Bride): Overture
- Prodana nevesta (The Bartered Bride): Act I: Finale: Polka
- Prodana nevesta (The Bartered Bride): Act III: Dance of the Comedians
- Macbeth: Act II: La luce langue
- Macbeth: Act IV: Vegliammo invan due notti
- Donna Diana, Act I: Overture
- Manon Lescaut: Manon Lescaut, Act II: Intermezzo
- La clemenza di Tito: La clemenza di Tito, K. 621: Overture
- Eugene Onegin: Act II: Waltz
- Eugene Onegin: Act III: Polonaise
- Tannhauser: Tannhauser, Act III: Prelude
- Das Rheingold: Das Rheingold: Entry of the Gods into Valhalla