SOMMCD 018 – Detlef Hahn (violin) and Simon Parkin (piano).
Music by Ravel, Ysaÿe, Stravinsky, Szymanowski, Poulenc. As in Vol.1 (SOMMCD 013), the music also on this volume reflects artistic changes which developed as a reaction to 19th-century romanticism, with Paris as the artistic centre of the new movement.The combination of violin and piano brings great clarity and clean, refreshing textures.
MAURICE RAVEL, EUGÈNE YSAŸE, IGOR STRAVINSKY, KAROL SZYMANOWSKI, FRANCIS POULENC
On This Recording
- Violin Sonata: Violin Sonata, Op. posth.
- Chant d'hiver: Chant d'hiver, Op. 15 (version for violin and piano)
- Duo concertant: I. Cantilene
- Duo concertant: II. Eglogue I
- Duo concertant: III. Eglogue II
- Duo concertant: IV. Gigue
- Duo concertant: V. Dithyrambe
- Król Roger (King Roger): Krol Roger (King Roger), Op. 46: Roxana's aria (arr. P. Kochanski for violin and piano)
- Polnische weise: Polnische weise (arr. Kochanski for violin and piano)
- Violin Sonata: I. Allegro con fuoco
- Violin Sonata: II. Intermezzo
- Violin Sonata: III. Presto tragico