A stunning new collection of French violin sonatas by violinist Guillaume Combet and pianist Sandra Carlock. This debut album by the Carlock-Combet Duo is a dazzling disc of sonatas by three great 20th Century French composers.
“Such music requires a specially committed pianist and it would be difficult to imagine a more glowing or ardent champion than Sandra Carlock“. Gramophone, August 2005 – Piano Music by Edward McDowell (SOMMCD 043).
“Sandra Carlock proves herself a passionate and persuasive advocate for the composer, responding to all the musical challenges with a rare insight and breathtaking dexterity…” International Piano, July-August 2005
“Her touch and sense of lyrical line are quite exceptional… She delivers the very difficult Etude de concert with consummate ease.” International Record Review.
On This Recording
- Franck Violin Sonata in A major: I. Allegretto ben moderato
- Franck Violin Sonata in A major: II. Allegro
- Franck Violin Sonata in A major: III. Recitativo-Fantasia
- Franck Violin Sonata in A major: IV. Allegretto poco mosso
- Poulenc Violin Sonata, FP 119: I. Allegro con fuoco
- Poulenc Violin Sonata, FP 119: II. Fugue: Intermezzo
- Poulenc Violin Sonata, FP 119: III. Presto tragico
- Saint-Saëns Violin Sonata No.1: I. Allegro agitato
- Saint-Saëns Violin Sonata No.1: II. Adagio
- Saint-Saëns Violin Sonata No.1: III. Allegretto moderato
- Saint-Saëns Violin Sonata No.1: IV. Allegro molto