This is a very special edition in five volumes of researched, corrected and edited material by Professor Christian Martin Schmidt. Includes Prelude & Fugue in C minor Op.37 No.1, Fugues in D & E minor, and Sonata No.1 in F minor Op.65. Played on six romantic English organs.
Jennifer Bate – Organ
Of all five volumes, Jennifer Bate said: “It is a real priviledge and a life’s ambition for me to undertake this recording project, and my main aim has been to be faithful to Mendelssohn’s original scores, now encapsulated in the new edition”.
On This Recording
- 3 Preludes and Fugues: No. 1. Prelude in C Minor
- 3 Preludes and Fugues: No. 1. Fugue in C Minor, MWV W18
- Organ Sonata: I. Allegro moderato e serioso
- Organ Sonata: II. Adagio
- Organ Sonata: III. Andante
- Organ Sonata: IV. Allegro assai vivace
- Prelude: Prelude in D Minor
- Chorale Prelude: Chorale Prelude in E Minor, "Nimm von uns, Herr"
- Fugue: Fugue in E Minor
- Fugue: Fugue in D Major
- Fughetta: Fughetta in A Major
- Andante and Variations: Andante and Variations in D Major
- Studies: No. 1. Con moto maestoso in A Major
- Studies: No. 2. Andante tranquillo non lento in A Major
- Studies: No. 3. Chorale in A Major
- Studies: No. 4. Allegro maestoso in D Major
- Allegro assai: Allegro assai in C Major (fragment)
- Allegro assai: Allegro assai in C Major (completed by J. Bate)